Dan J. Dudek
Dan Dudek is EDF’s Vice President for Asia. He is one of the world’s leading experts on market-based policies to reduce pollution at the least cost. He is widely credited with developing the cap-and-trade model that the United States adopted in the early 1990’s to control sulfur dioxide, which causes acid rain. After AB 32 passed in California in 2006, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger asked Dr. Dudek to be on an advisory committee to advise the state on how to set up a cap-and-trade program for greenhouse gases.
Dr. Dudek is the architect of our China Program, designing carbon reduction demonstration projects and developing the tools and market mechanisms necessary for effective environmental management. He is now bringing that experience to bear on the air quality problems in India.
- Member, China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development, June 2007- present.
- Advisor, Foreign Experts Advisory Committee, State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, February 2014 – present.
- Market Advisory Committee, California Environmental Protection Agency, January – June 2007.
- Senior Adviser, Policy Research Center, Ministry of Environment, People’s Republic of China, 2005 – present.
- Co-Director, Reform of Penalties for Non-Compliance, Bureau of Enforcement and Supervision, Ministry of Environment, People’s Republic of China, April 2004 – present.
- Co-Chair, Environmental Governance Task Force, China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development, June 2005 – November 2006.
- Co-Director, “4+3+1”, Developing SO2 Emissions Trading in China, 2002-2004. State Environmental Protection Administration, May 2002 – June 2004.
- Member, Secretary of Energy Advisory Board, Department of Energy, 1995-2000.
- Member, Acid Rain Advisory Committee, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1990-1992.
- Adviser, Organization for Economic Development, Ministry of Environment, Poland; United Nations Conference on Trade and Development; Regional Environment Center, Budapest; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; various public and private institutions.
- Ph.D., University of California, Davis
- M.S., University of California, Davis
- B.S., University of Massachusetts, Amherst
November 5, 2015
February 24, 2015
December 27, 2013