- Monarch butterfly habitat creation in California [PDF]
This user-friendly technical field guide helps landowners and managers working on monarch restoration across California.
- Recovering the western monarch butterfly population: Meeting report and key takeaways [PDF]
A meeting held at UC Davis identified collaborative opportunities for scientists, restoration practitioners, agricultural producers, land managers and agency staff to recover the western monarch population.
Monarch Butterfly Habitat Exchange
- Monarch Butterfly Habitat Exchange
Learn more about this market-based solution for restoring and conserving high-quality monarch habitat on America's private working lands.
- A marketplace to invest in monarch butterfly recovery
Visit the exchange website to learn how landowners and investors can get involved.
Habitat Quantification Tool (HQT)
- HQT: A path to recovery for the monarch butterfly [PDF]
Learn what factors create the ideal habitat for monarch butterflies, and how the habitat quantification tool measures them.
- Monarch butterfly HQT user's guide: North Central region [PDF]
Landowners looking to restore monarch butterfly habitat in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota or Wisconsin can reference this in-depth user guide.
- Monarch butterfly HQT calculator: North Central region [Excel]
Landowners in the North Central region can use this Excel spreadsheet to calculate functional acres.
- Monarch butterfly HQT user's guide: South Central region [PDF]
Landowners looking to restore monarch butterfly habitat in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma or Texas can reference this in-depth user guide.
- Monarch butterfly HQT calculator: South Central region [Excel]
Landowners in the South Central region can use this Excel spreadsheet to calculate functional acres.
- Monarch butterfly HQT specifications: All regions [PDF]
Learn about the scientific approach for quantifying the impacts and benefits for monarch habitat, including descriptions of attributes measured, methods for evaluating the suitability of each attribute and supporting documentation.