Elena Craft, an air toxics expert at EDF, says gutting such key protections is unconscionable, given the EPA's role as a public health agency.⋮ The Washington Post, Nov. 21, 2019
Elizabeth Gore, an EDF expert on politics, says the bill is an important step to try to build consensus around a goal of net-zero emissions.⋮ Washington Examiner, Nov. 20, 2019
Douglas Rader, EDF’s chief oceans scientist, welcomes the initiatives, though they only scratch the surface of a massive problem.⋮ The Wall Street Journal, Nov. 4, 2019
- Jump to section: Science and innovation
- Politics and policy
- Business and partnerships
- Latest updates
- Blog network
Science and innovation
Blog: Fourth Wave of Environmental Innovation »
Join our conversation on the blogging site Medium, where we reveal the people and innovations driving environmental progress.
- Blog: EDF Voices science and innovation »
Get the latest from our experts about how science and innovation are helping to tackle critical environmental challenges.
- Reports: Scientific research »
Read reports from our scientists related to the climate, our health, ecosystems and the oceans, including peer-reviewed research.
Politics and policy
Blog: Climate 411 »
Check out our authoritative commentary on the science, law and economics of global climate change and clean air.
- Blog: EDF Health »
Hear from our science, health and business specialists, as they discuss how chemical policy affects our health.
- Blog: EDF Voices »
Browse our flagship blog, which features policy insight from our experts across environmental issues.
Business and partnerships
Podcast: Business of Sustainability »
Hear how today's corporate leaders are tackling sustainability challenges across industries.
- Blog: Energy Exchange »
Get our experts' thoughts on how to accelerate the transition to a clean, low-carbon energy economy.
- Blog: Growing Returns »
See how we can meet growing demands for food, water and shelter in ways that allow people and nature to prosper.
Latest news and commentary
EDF Voices blog
November 22, 2019
December 15, 2019
December 12, 2019
December 11, 2019
- Automatic cancellation, overall mitigation in global emissions, and Article 6 of the Paris AgreementType: ReportDate: December 11, 2019<p class="MsoNormal">Automatic cancellation, overall mitigation in global emissions, and Article 6 of the Paris Agreement: an economic analysis</p>
- Automatic cancellation, overall mitigation in global emissions, and Article 6 of the Paris Agreement: an economic analysisType: ReportDate: December 10, 2019This paper explores the economic implications of applying a partial automatic cancellation rate to emissions reductions generated under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
- Type: ReportDate: December 2, 2019Fisheries are critically important for nutrition, food security and livelihoods of people around the world. With climate change expected to alter fisheries worldwide, building climate-resilient fisheries is key—read about five pathways governments and stakeholders can take so fisheries can thrive and continue to provide needed resources.