Hawley Truax, EDF's southeast regional director, says we must act quickly, with new tactics and on a much larger scale.⋮ News & Observer, Feb. 11, 2019
Isabel Mogstad, an EDF expert on the oil and gas industry, says there's great interest in this industry-led effort and how it will work.⋮ Reuters, Feb. 7, 2019
- Jump to section: Science and innovation
- Politics and policy
- Business and partnerships
- Latest updates
- Blog network
Science and innovation
Blog: Fourth Wave of Environmental Innovation »
Join our conversation on the blogging site Medium, where we reveal the people and innovations driving environmental progress.
- Blog: EDF Voices science and innovation »
Get the latest from our experts about how science and innovation are helping to tackle critical environmental challenges.
- Reports: Scientific research »
Read reports from our scientists related to the climate, our health, ecosystems and the oceans, including peer-reviewed research.
Politics and policy
Blog: Climate 411 »
Check out our authoritative commentary on the science, law and economics of global climate change and clean air.
- Blog: EDF Health »
Hear from our science, health and business specialists, as they discuss how chemical policy affects our health.
- Blog: EDF Voices »
Browse our flagship blog, which features policy insight from our experts across environmental issues.
Business and partnerships
Podcast: Business of Sustainability »
Hear how today's corporate leaders are tackling sustainability challenges across industries.
- Blog: Energy Exchange »
Get our experts' thoughts on how to accelerate the transition to a clean, low-carbon energy economy.
- Blog: Growing Returns »
See how we can meet growing demands for food, water and shelter in ways that allow people and nature to prosper.
Latest news and commentary
EDF Voices blog
February 22, 2019
February 14, 2019
- Trump Administration Reportedly Ends Talks with California, Doubles Down on “Reckless” Rollback of Clean Car Standards
February 20, 2019
February 14, 2019
February 14, 2019
- Type: Fact SheetDate: February 21, 2019<p>As ICAO finalizes CORSIA rules, policy-makers must move swiftly to bar bad carbon offsets. They must ensure that carbon offsets represent real emission reductions, are not double counted, and have host country approval. If bad credits are allowed in CORSIA—whether from the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) or other offset programs—airlines’ net<br /> emissions will grow and climate change will be worse.</p>
- Type: ReportDate: January 31, 2019Robust, functional, affordable and scalable commodity supply chain tracking systems are essential to reducing deforestation resulting from the production of tropical forest commodities. In Brazil, monitoring tools are becoming increasingly important to private sector efforts aiming to reduce and eliminate the risk of deforestation from tropical forest commodity supply chains. This report provides a comprehensive comparison of supply chain tracking tools for tropical forest commodities, specifically cattle, soy and timber, currently being used in Brazil. In addition to detailing the objectives, methodologies, scope and cost of each tool, the report also describes the advantages and challenges of each system, and concludes with a comprehensive comparison. This report will inform private sector entities, other supply chain actors and consumers about the various supply chain monitoring tools available to help reduce and eliminate deforestation from tropical forest commodity production, and serve as a guide to help companies identify the most suitable tools to increase supply chain transparency and traceability.
- Type: ReportDate: January 1, 2019An interview with Ilissa Ocko