- Grid reliability: Rick Perry’s study twists the facts
Perry's grid study ignores evidence that shows the transition to a low-carbon economy is making America's electricity system more affordable and reliable.
- Saving energy with demand response
Demand response is a voluntary, cost-effective tool that relies on people and technology, not power plants, to meet electrical demand.
- Time-variant electricity pricing
Time-variant electricity pricing is a voluntary program that enables people to choose when they power up appliances based on electricity prices.
- Data access paves the way for cleaner air
The smart, interconnected grid of the future is within reach – but customers and entrepreneurs must first have easy, secure, and meaningful access to energy data.
Pecan Street: Neighborhood of the future
EDF partnered with Austin Energy, the City of Austin, and the University of Texas to found Pecan Street Inc., a living smart grid lab that monitors energy use of more than 1,000 residents.
Financing and business models
- Unleashing private capital
Billions of dollars need to be invested in clean energy each year in order to avoid the most severe consequences of climate change – and private capital plays a very important role.
Utility 2.0: Spurring the clean energy paradigm shift
We need a new model that empowers businesses and families to take control of their electricity use and reduce harmful pollution.
Ohio: The FirstEnergy bailout
FirstEnergy’s finances, emissions and efforts to kill the burgeoning clean energy industry are all bad news.
Chicago: Smart approach to smart buildings
A new pilot program will demonstrate how energy-use data can transform the efficiency of Chicago buildings, with the potential to cut harmful pollution and save businesses money.
- Texas: Energy-water nexus
As the U.S. population rises and droughts in the Southwest persist, meeting the energy and water needs of cities and power plants becomes harder. We need a holistic approach to water use.
- Texas: Clean energy economy
Texas may be known as an oil and gas juggernaut, but the state is actually at the forefront of a new frontier: the clean energy economy.
Updates on our clean energy work
Energy blog posts
- Type: Fact SheetDate: July 31, 2018How Coal Lobbyist Andrew Wheeler Will Pursue the Trump-Pruitt Industry Agenda at EPA
- Type: Information about EDFDate: June 15, 2018Scientific talent involved in EDF's efforts to measure methane emissions
- Type: ReportDate: June 6, 2018Joint Comments on Alberta Energy Regulator's Draft Requirements for Reducing Methane Emissions
Act when it matters most