Areas of expertise:
Oil and gas policy, oil and gas wastewater
Nichole Saunders is a Senior Attorney for EDF’s Energy Program, where she works on oil and natural gas regulation and policy.
Her work is focused on minimizing impacts to water, land and communities by improving state and federal policies and industry practices.
Nichole joined EDF as a legal intern in 2013, working on water and waste issues associated with natural gas development.
As a law student, she studied sustainable energy and resources law and served as Student Editor-In-Chief of the Energy Bar Association’s Energy Law Journal publication and Executive Editor of the American Bar Association’s Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Year-in-Review.
Prior to earning her J.D., Nichole completed her M.S. and B.S. in Environmental Biology.
- Member, State Bar of Texas, 2013-present
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section
- The University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., Certificate in Sustainable Energy and Resources Law, with highest honors
- Tulane University, M.S., Environmental Biology
- Tulane University, B.S., Environmental Biology, Psychology, cum laude
- Energy Exchange Blog, February 2, 2023
- Energy Exchange Blog, September 15, 2021
- Energy Exchange Blog, June 10, 2021
- Texas Clean Air Matters Blog, February 17, 2021
- Source, February 6, 2020
- Source, April 17, 2019
- Source, March 22, 2019
- Source, January 10, 2019