How to land a sustainability J-O-B!
Trish Kenlon is a self-described “people connector, community builder and change agent”. But as the Founder of Sustainable Career Pathways, she is all about helping people find the employment opportunity of their dreams.
Whether you have a sustainability degree or something else, Trish can help answer questions like: how do I get that job? What are employers looking for in 2021? What are the trends these days? What can I do today to make progress toward a new job? And how can it be easier?
- 01:36 – What is Sustainable Career Pathways?
- 02:29 – All hands on deck! There’s ample need and opportunity for all skillsets.
- 02:56 – The “sea change” that’s overtaken the sustainability job market.
- 04:17 – The rise of the sustainability specialist.
- 04:58 – Trish’s prediction for what’s ahead in sustainability jobs? One acronym: ESG.
- 05:17 – Yesh defines ESG.
- 05:40 – The rise of the “S” in ESG.
- 06:21 – What other categories are poised for growth?
- 07:29 – Trish talks about how to get started.
- 09:02 – What if you don’t have a sustainability degree?
- 09:59 – Trish on gaining traction where ever and however you can.
- 12:14 – Can anyone in any job make an impact? Yes– here’s how!
- 13:03 – Advice for folks wanting to change careers.
- 13:32 – What are the universal skillsets?
- 15:01 – The impact of COVID-19 on the sustainability sector.
- 16:46 – Getting real: what hurdles and/or obstacles can you expect?
- 18:25 – What trips up people’s job searches?
- 19:42 – Trish on networking and staying organized.
- 20:57 – A “system” for networking.
- 23:13 – Trish talks about her personal “Board of Directors”.
- 24:49 – Yesh talks about her personal Board of Directors
Want to learn more about Trish and her work with Sustainable Career Pathways? Follow these links:
Visit the Sustainable Career Pathways Homepage.
Check out this article for hope (and tips) for sustainability job seekers during COVID-19.
Jumpstart your sustainability career with Climate Corps.
Visit the Degrees Resource Page for job boards, articles and advice on finding a job.
10 ways to save the planet
Yesh goes deep into the job opportunities of the future with Ryan Panchadsaram, co-author of the book Speed & Scale, an action plan to get global emissions to zero by 2050.
How a psychology major is on the frontlines of decarbonizing a global industry
Yesh talks with Christie Gamble, Senior Sustainability Director at CarbonCure, a company that’s on a mission to decarbonize the concrete industry.
Building a Black community for green jobseekers
The environmental workforce remains overwhelmingly white. But not if Wes Gobar of BlackOak Collective can help it. Yesh talks with him about his journey.