Combined with good climate policy, clean energy innovation as an important part of the climate solution.
There is growing momentum in Congress to support clean energy innovation – which can play a vital role in reducing climate pollution.
Members from both parties recognize that investing in innovation can accelerate the development of high-impact breakthrough clean energy and negative emissions technologies, including carbon dioxide removal (CDR) technologies that remove carbon from the air. Innovation programs can also help drive down the costs of existing essential options like solar, wind, and electric vehicles. Scientists say that continued progress on improving performance and lowering costs for all of these technologies will be needed to meet our climate goals.
Resources on clean energy innovation
- Innovation: A key to climate action
Every plan to address the climate crisis includes a critical component, innovation. By investing in innovation and deploying the latest technologies, we can remove climate pollution from our atmosphere and achieve a net-zero carbon future.
- Clean energy innovation: An important piece of the climate puzzle
There is growing momentum in Congress to support innovation in clean energy – which can play an important role in reducing climate pollution. Members from both parties recognize that investing in innovation can accelerate the development of high-impact breakthrough clean energy technologies.
June 19, 2019
- Accelerating clean energy innovation is key to solving the climate crisis
To combat climate change, we must bring every bit of our nation’s entrepreneurial creativity and scientific excellence to bear. While it is encouraging to see Congress engaging in conversations on innovation as a means of addressing climate change, much more work is needed.
March 14, 2019
- Carbon removal technologies to help tackle climate change? Here’s what it’ll take.Alongside aggressive action to cut climate pollution, carbon removal technologies will be crucial to reaching “net zero” carbon emissions – the point where any climate pollution we add to the atmosphere is balanced by what we take out. There is now a whole new arsenal is emerging in the fight against climate change: negative emission technologies.
February 12, 2019
- EDF innovation testimony at House Committee hearing
Innovation programs can help make new technology options available – but in order to ensure that they will be adopted on the timeline needed to meet climate goals, we also need policies that create a level playing field that allows clean technologies to thrive.
June 19, 2019
Get policy and political updates
Friday digests from our staff keep you up to date on the week’s events.
Thanks for subscribing to In case you missed it