The next generation of business leaders is forging high-impact environmental solutions today.
EDF Climate Corps is a unique summer fellowship program where EDF trains and matches top-tier graduate students with host companies and organizations to advance environmental and sustainability goals.
EDF Climate Corps works with hosts to:
- Set and meet their sustainability goals, such as reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing energy efficiency.
- Make their organizations more attractive to talent who expect strong environmental policy from their employers.
- Establish policies that not only benefit the environment today, but can magnify positive impacts for years to come.
- 1 in 3 Fortune 100 companies have participated in EDF Climate Corps
- Over 450 organizations have participated in EDF Climate Corps
- Over $1.6 billion in energy savings has been identified by fellows since 2008
We embed fellows in a wide range of organizations, from IKEA to Mayo Clinic and the City of Hoboken. And one in six employed alumni now hold positions at the director level or above. For example, EDF Climate Corps alum Jenny McColloch leads sustainability at McDonald’s.
How EDF Climate Corps gets results
All of our fellows undergo rigorous training backed by EDF’s 50+ years of expertise. As sustainability trends evolve, so do the solutions and resources our fellows have to offer.
By day two on the job, our EDF Climate Corps fellow saved us $100,000.Bloomberg BNA
Based on their experience and specialized skills, we hand-pick fellows to meet each host’s specific needs. The fellows then work on-site for 10-12 weeks to create actionable sustainability strategies.
Benefits for businesses
- Gain a competitive edge by improving their energy efficiency and climate impact — also helping to attract and retain top talent.
- Work with highly qualified fellows who have a range of advanced educational degrees from the country’s leading universities.
- Receive practical, cost-effective solutions and navigate the ever-changing world of sustainability and energy management.
Benefits for graduate students
- Launch their environmental careers and build their professional networks through other fellows and hosts.
- Gain real-world experience working on cutting-edge energy and sustainability projects for some of the world’s top companies and organizations.
- Help make a difference catalyzing change that can benefit organizations as well as the environment.
Get innovation updates
We'll send regular updates about developments in technology, science and the environment.