Richard Denison, EDF's lead senior scientist, provides insight on a request from three companies to analyze a chemical's use in toys.⋮ Bloomberg Environment, Oct. 29, 2019
Jon Goldstein, an oil and gas policy expert at EDF, says much of the profit from the boom is flowing out of state, when it should remain in New Mexico.⋮ The New York Times, Oct. 27, 2019
Ann Hayden, a water policy expert at EDF, says solar projects posing minimal impact to native plants and animals are possible with coordination.⋮ The Bakersfield Californian, Oct. 26, 2019
- Jump to section: Science and innovation
- Politics and policy
- Business and partnerships
- Latest updates
- Blog network
Science and innovation
Blog: Fourth Wave of Environmental Innovation »
Join our conversation on the blogging site Medium, where we reveal the people and innovations driving environmental progress.
- Blog: EDF Voices science and innovation »
Get the latest from our experts about how science and innovation are helping to tackle critical environmental challenges.
- Reports: Scientific research »
Read reports from our scientists related to the climate, our health, ecosystems and the oceans, including peer-reviewed research.
Politics and policy
Blog: Climate 411 »
Check out our authoritative commentary on the science, law and economics of global climate change and clean air.
- Blog: EDF Health »
Hear from our science, health and business specialists, as they discuss how chemical policy affects our health.
- Blog: EDF Voices »
Browse our flagship blog, which features policy insight from our experts across environmental issues.
Business and partnerships
Podcast: Business of Sustainability »
Hear how today's corporate leaders are tackling sustainability challenges across industries.
- Blog: Energy Exchange »
Get our experts' thoughts on how to accelerate the transition to a clean, low-carbon energy economy.
- Blog: Growing Returns »
See how we can meet growing demands for food, water and shelter in ways that allow people and nature to prosper.
Latest news and commentary
EDF Voices blog
- Type: ReportDate: October 29, 2019K. Kritee, Drishya Nair, Daniel Zavala-Araiza, Malla Reddy, Jeremy Proville and Richie Ahuja (2019). Climate smart farming in India: A pathway to poverty alleviation, food security, and climate adaptation and mitigation. An online report with greenhouse gas flux data from rice and non-rice cropping systems from four agro-ecological regions in India. Published by Environmental Defense Fund, New York, NY.
- Type: ReportDate: October 28, 2019<p>An interview with Suzy Friedman</p>
- Type: Fact SheetDate: October 24, 2019The Salton Sea, the state’s largest lake, has shrunk by some 40 square miles, exposing tens of thousands of acres of playa, increasing dust and salinity, and reducing habitat. The state of California has a 10-year plan to reduce dust and build habitat around the Salton Sea, and more than $365 million in funding has been approved. However, work at the Sea has been stalled and the region has been ignored far too long.