Workday System Manager - HRIS
In this highly collaborative role, the HRIS Manager will leverage their extensive experience in the Workday ecosystem to lead the development of new functionality and improve existing processes, manage release updates, ensure system and data integrity, develop complex reports and dashboards, maintain and enhance security, support and maintain system integrations, and help optimize how we use Workday at EDF. As a true subject matter expert for Workday, this role will be instrumental in continuously driving EDF to embrace all that Workday has to offer by finding unique and creative ways to design, implement, and maintain processes and programs that will carry us into the future. In addition, the HRIS Manager will leverage their broad technical background to support other cloud based HR and HR-adjacent platforms as needed.
The HRIS Manager will partner with teams across the organization to deliver best-in-class solutions through hands-on technical expertise, initiative, creativity, and a true passion for HRIS in a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions.
- Develops collaborative and productive relationships with HR functional leaders, IT partners and various Operational teams to effectively prioritize and execute human resources technology needs, including the development of proper training and documentation.
- Provides production support, including configuration of annual processes, e.g., Open Enrollment, Annual Merit, and Performance Management.
- Researches and resolves Workday unexpected results or process flaws; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Develops, maintains and supports a variety of custom reports or queries utilizing advanced reporting tools such as calculated fields, matrix and composite reports.
- Updates and maintains business processes and condition rules.
- Performs system maintenance, including reviewing, testing and implementation of Workday system updates. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of updates or fix. Documents process and results.
- Helps maintain highest degree of data integrity in Workday and other HR systems.
- Assists users within HR as needed to enable them to more effectively utilize all HR systems.
- Supports other HR systems with troubleshooting, reporting, and maintenance as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of related HR/HRIS experience. Advanced degree may substitute for up to two years of experience.
- Expert level proficiency in Workday in several functional areas (HCM, Benefits, Time and Attendance, Advanced Compensation, Payroll, Talent, Performance Management).
- Knowledge of Workday security administration.
- Minimum 4 years Workday technical experience working on an HRIS team or equivalent Workday consulting.
- Expertise in report writing including calculated fields, matrix reports and composite reporting.
- Solid knowledge of HR systems structure, functions and processes.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Visio skills
- Experience working within a Global HR environment highly desired.
- iCIMS and NetSuite experience preferred.
- Workday PRO Certification in one or more functional areas preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.