With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
You will assist EDF in accomplishing its mission by:
- Building email and page templates to help our fundraising team and advocacy teams meet their goals.
- Building interactive features to engage EDF’s key audiences.
- Improve our understanding of our visitors and their behavior via data collection and visit tracking.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, you will be expected to:
- Produce stable, well-documented and reusable code, templates and libraries for future use.
- Provide development support for EDF’s websites in collaboration with other team members and stakeholders.
- Maintain our team’s reputation for providing on-time, reliable and high-quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4 years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to quickly learn coding and templating languages and to work on projects as part of a team or independently. Must demonstrate self-motivation, initiative and flexibility.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS, and image authoring tools, such as Photoshop or GIMP.
- Experience with APIs and RESTful services, Google Analytics,NodeJS environments, and database management systems, especially MySQL.
- Exposure to content management systems, such as Drupal and WordPress.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.