With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Total Rewards Associate provides operational support to EDF’s Human Resources department with special emphasis on a) onboarding and HRIS procedures, b) benefits support, and c) overall team administration/support. The Total Rewards Associate is based in EDF’s NY office and reports to the Benefits Manager.
- Manage triggers and processes related to hire and termination including new hires benefit enrollment, benefits termination, COBRA
- Process all benefit vendors’ invoices in a timely manner
- Track and process tuition reimbursement/professional development requests
- Coordinate and assist with annual open enrollment
- Coordinate wellness initiative activities
- Process gym memberships and fitness reimbursements
- Assist with general employee inquiries
- Facilitate weekly new hire benefits orientation
- Track and process commuter benefits
- Assist employees with general benefit inquiries
- Update HR procedure manuals and materials
- Manage benefits inquiries in the HR mailbox
- Submit and process department expenses and reimbursements
- Maintain virtual personnel/benefit folders
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR management, industrial psychology or other related field
- 2 years’ experience in administrative role, preferably in a medium-sized firm (e.g., 300-600 employees), with demonstrated knowledge of benefits and willingness to learn
- Firm understanding of human resources policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills (oral and written)
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible in an evolving environment.
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Self-starter with high energy; ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of HRIS preferred (Workday a plus)
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply