With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The Talent Development Specialist is responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring learning solutions along with supporting Organizational Design initiatives.
- Develops courses, facilitator guides, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, and training documentation based on instructional design principles
- Delivers learning programs for staff and management using diverse delivery methods to include instructor-led-training, e-learning, blended programs, and webinars
- Establishes metrics and measurement processes to assess the impact and success of training content; develops score cards
- Plans the deployment of annual roll-outs and manages the HR mandatory training
- Creates, uploads and maintains training materials/curriculum details in Learning Management System (LMS)
- Delivers performance review training - scheduling, creating or updating Power Points and other materials, logistics planning and delivery as needed
- Supports Talent Reviews and Succession Planning initiatives as needed
- Completes other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, Organizational Development or related field
- 3+ years in learning & development, and/or organizational development
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with all level of staff required
- Experience working within a complex learning and development environment.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems, and other L&D software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Effective Communication skills - written and verbal; delivering a clear and concise message at all levels
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation skills, excellent judgement and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality while representing the organization and interfacing with all levels of staff, and vendors
- Ability to work effectively across a growing, dynamic organization and among geographically-dispersed colleagues
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply