Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success ensuring EDF is hiring the best possible talent both domestically and internationally for assigned roles. This role will manage the Talent Acquisition process from sourcing to selection, as well as recruitment operations and pre-boarding. We have grown quickly and this person will join a team that supports our global mission in climate change mitigation worldwide.
EDF hires uniquely qualified professionals at all levels including niche specialized scientists, economists, public policy experts, communications, and ”enterprise staff” G&A type functions. Experience with exempt hiring processes across a wide range of roles is advantageous.
Talent Acquisition Management:
This TA Manager will develop and manage a newly created recruiting group (“Pod”) that focuses on roles we hire for frequently at the entry to mid levels of the organization (coordinators, specialists, analysts, project managers, etc). We seek to create synergies and better candidate pooling to fill roles across the organization.
- The role is a player/coach, managing one recruiter for various client groups and a pre-boarding coordinator, in addition to managing requisitions of their own (up to 15 vacancies).
- Partner closely with the Human Resource Business Partners, HRIS, Compensation, and DEI in realizing Talent Acquisition deliverables.
- Develop networks for better sourcing that utilizes LinkedIn and other social media platforms for outreach, as well as industry contacts, memberships, and employee sources.
- Research and develop robust recruiting strategies and recommend new sources for active and passive recruiting
- Deliver an impeccable high-touch candidate and hiring manager experience and represent the EDF Employer Brand
- Contribute to enhancing strategy as well as tactics in talent acquisition
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- This role will be responsible for recruitment operations that optimize and deliver our hiring processes (offer through pre-boarding) for all hires.
- Seek to improve our TA processes and this individual will play a key role in managing the existing process while looking to improve our workflows and tools.
- Project management as required
- Active leader, initator or contributor to the TA and HR projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a Talent Acquisition department managing Recruitment professionals and coordinator roles.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ of in-house experience in full-cycle recruiting for exempt professionals (not tech) roles
- Knowledge and application of best practices in talent acquisition, especially in candidate pooling and sourcing
- Demonstrated ability to create and enact strategic TA initiatives to enhance effectiveness
- Demonstrated knowledge of various interviewing and evaluation techniques to include behavioral based, structured and competency interviewing
- Positive attitude, pro-active and able to remain flexible in an evolving environment
- Dedicated to excellence in the candidate and hiring manager experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, meet deadlines and work well with colleagues in HR and TA
- Strong knowledge of ATS and HRIS systems (we use ICIMS and Workday)
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws and hiring conventions
- International (non-US) hiring experience is desirable, as is professional level proficiency in another language
Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.Enthusiasm for EDF’s mission and an understanding of working in a non-profit
- Highly developed skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant work experience
This job can be based remotely in the US or hybrid in any EDF US Office.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 95,000 - 108,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply