With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
Relationships are critical component to how we advance our work at the Environmental Defense Fund. The Strategic Relationship Management Data Specialist will be an integral member of a growing team leading the effort to track, measure, and amplify our relationships using the Salesforce CRM database. The Strategic Relationship Management Data Specialist will be responsible for supporting several of EDF's program areas as they transition to using Salesforce to manage their external relationships.
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Relationship Management, the Strategic Relationship Management Data Specialist will train new users on the system, perform day-to-day maintenance of constituent records, and work with individual users and teams to set and track goals related to their external relationships.
We are seeking an individual who is curious, conscientious, is highly organized, has strong attention to detail, and is a team player. The successful candidate should have database experience and comfort working with highly sensitive information. This is a newly created position that may evolve over time based on the team's needs and candidate's interests and abilities.
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date constituent records in Salesforce.
- Conduct individual or small group trainings with new users.
- Pull lists, generate reports, and coordinate data input projects.
- Manage constituent research projects, as needed.
- Identify and escalate trends occurring across multiple individuals, departments or the organization.
- Work closely with the Manager of Strategic Relationship Management to expand Salesforce usage across the organization.
- Develop custom dashboards and reports for program staff across EDF.
- Work with managers to set and measure key performance metrics for individuals and teams.
- Run reports for data hygiene.
- Serve as a contact for database-related inquiries.
- Track staff members' compliance with Salesforce policies and escalate issues as needed.
- Detail-oriented: the ability to explain and discuss nuances, understand categories and terms at a granular level, and willingness to ask questions.
- Big picture thinker: ability to spot trends across departments and comprehend how individual data rolls up to achieve key program goals and milestones.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using CRM database(s) such as Salesforce and email software such as Outlook preferred.
- Professional maturity, confidence to work with staff of varying levels and titles, and with confidential information.
- Commitment to the mission of Environmental Defense Fund.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply