With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Lead supports assigned business functions and our environmental research programs in securing the best talent. We presently employ about 750 people worldwide but our programs and reach are growing in the environmental research and advocacy arenas, with many new projects and offices opening around the globe. This role will encompass some international recruiting.
You are more than capable on executing the day-to-day recruitment activity but you have a deep passion for finding the right person, building relationships and networks, managing a good recruitment and sourcing process, weaving diversity and inclusion through everything you do, and collaborating with hiring managers and HR colleagues.
- Full lifecycle recruitment for open roles across both EDF research programs and corporate functions; partnering with management and developing /executing strategy, screen/interview/evaluate candidates, perform reference checks, and facilitating the process through to offer delivery, negotiation and on-boarding.
- Conduct competency based interviews, assess candidates, present shortlists, mentor and coach managers through their hiring decisions
- Build talent networks and candidate pipelines in key areas across the organization, developing relationships and tapping industry sources to develop robust talent pools
- Maintain a pulse on business needs and strategy, act as EDF brand ambassador and champion best practices throughout the process
- Utilize our iCIMS Applicant Tracking System as well as provide support as needed to hiring managers
- Develop an on-going pipeline of diverse internal and external candidates for various roles
- Identify opportunities for increased effectiveness of current recruiting programs
- Assist or lead other TA special projects as assigned; bring new ideas or relevant technologies improve our effectiveness
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in recruitment, either in an RPO or in-house high performing TA function
- Superbly organized and always seeking out better TA practices
- Proven behavioral interview and candidate assessment skills
- Strong relationship management, consultative approach, ability to influence within a matrixed organization
- Self-starter with high energy; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude, and adaptable to change in an evolving and globally scaling environment
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Some experience with international recruiting is a plus, as is spoken competency in Chinese or Spanish languages.
- Knowledge of applicable employment law helpful
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Proficient with applicant tracking systems preferred; iCIMS a plus. Workday exp. also a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Interest in EDF’s mission and objectives preferred
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply