With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Working closely with and reporting to the Manager, Multimedia Production, the Senior Specialist, Video Producer will help build brand awareness and bring EDF’s work to life through compelling visual storytelling. Our video content ranges in style from documentary to animation to narrative to VR.
This position will shoot video in the field and edit projects in-house, as well as help manage larger productions with vendors, creating original content for various platforms and executing the full creative process of video production from kickoff to completion, including pre-production, production, and post-production.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strategic, creative thinker and eager to contribute to developing and scaling EDF’s video strategy.
- A resilient and adaptable production person, equally at home shooting interviews in interior spaces and exterior action footage in virtually any kind of locale.
- Capable of managing multiple projects (at varying stages of the production process) at once.
- Conceive, produce, shoot and edit video projects in-house, both short form and long form content
- Work closely with Manager, Multimedia Production and Senior Director, Content to manage productions with vendors and internal teams and stakeholders
- Assist with the planning of shoots: developing pre-production materials, coordinating logistics, researching locations, acquiring necessary permits or permissions
- Assist with pre- and post-production workflows for both in-house and out of house projects: drafting creative briefs, storyboards and scripts, managing transcripts, licensing stock, coordinating feedback
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of project team members depending on project
- Track release forms, invoices and contracts from talent, freelancers, and vendors
- Coordinate with the Library team and Manager, Photo Projects to upload, organize and transfer footage and imagery within EDF’s Digital Asset Library
- Manage stock video and music accounts
- Assist with photography, audio, and podcast production, as necessary
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to execute the full process of video production from conception and planning to production and post-production, working as an individual or part of a team
- Experience in all aspects of video production: filming, editing, sound editing, color correction, finding/pairing music, basic graphics creation, asset delivery
- Knowledge of industry standard camera and audio equipment and video best practices
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite - Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
- Familiarity in working within established brand style guides
- Excellent time-management skills, organization and project management skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Portfolio of strong work demonstrating familiarity with a variety of video styles: documentary, animation, narrative, etc.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locales
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience (advanced degree can substitute for up to 2 years of experience)
- Interested in environmental advocacy and EDF’s mission preferred
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply