With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Senior Recruiting Specialist will support all departments in securing the best available diverse talent using various sourcing methods; job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Talent acquisition: draft job descriptions, conduct strategy meetings with hiring managers, recruit (traditional sourcing and social media), screen/interview/evaluate candidates, perform reference checks, conduct internal equity analysis, extend offers, and complete all required forms and documentation
- Train new hiring managers on the ATS system – iCIMS and requisition approval process
- Keep abreast of current EEO guidelines, human resources legislation and regulations, as well as changes in the human resources field
- Identify opportunities for increased effectiveness of current and diversity outreach recruiting programs
- Utilize HRIS (Workday) and applicant tracking system (i.e .iCIMS)
- Assess management and program feedback and incorporate program recommendations to enhance processes
- Assist with other HR-related tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in high volume recruiting
- Non-Profit Recruiting experience a plus
- Knowledge of best practices from other organizations
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and ability to remain flexible in an evolving environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Self-starter with high energy; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and various.
- Experience with various applicant tracking systems - iCIMS a plus
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.