With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The Senior Specialist, Finance Applications is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business and technical support of the various systems utilized by the Finance department, including but not limited to Microsoft Dynamics GP, Business Portal, and Prophix CPM Budgeting and Forecast system. This position will be responsible for maintaining the business process of the Finance department while advising on the potential impact to all other systems. The Senior Specialist, Finance Applications reports to the Director, Finance Applications of EDF.
- Technical support and administration of Microsoft Dynamics GP, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Analytical Accounting, and Business Portal.
- Support and administration of Prophix CPM budgeting and forecasting system.
- Train users on Great Plains, Business Portal, and Prophix CPM budgeting and forecasting systems.
- Maintain procedures that automate the integration process between Dynamics GP and other systems, both internal and external.
- Design, create and manage automated reports and dashboards in Prophix CPM system
- Manage monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting procedures in Prophix CPM system.
- Work with key users to configure applications optimally
- Maintain user access and security levels for all finance related systems
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, Director, Finance Applications, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding special reporting requests and the like
- Interact with IT and application development for security protocols and governance
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- Knowledge of Prophix CPM system or another related CPM system.
- 1-3 years of related work experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Knowledge of SQL Server including tables, views, triggers, stored procedures and other administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and work independently, handling and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive projects with a firm commitment to meeting deadlines
- Takes initiative actively engaging with all levels of staff and across all programs/departments
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience with building strategic business relationships with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders utilizing articulate communication and interpersonal skills
- An unquestioned track record demonstrating sound judgment, integrity and ethics. An individual with strong character who will quickly gain the trust of others
- Strong web application development skills
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply