With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
About EDF+Business: we are a cross-cutting program within EDF that engages the business community on driving large-scale environmental change. We believe companies, communities and the environment can thrive in unison - and we’re making it happen by leveraging the power of the marketplace. For 25 years, we’ve combined cutting-edge science, economic expertise and unexpected partnerships to help high-impact companies - including Walmart, KKR and FedEx - transform business as usual in their products, operations, supply chains and advocacy.
Our world needs healthy environments and healthy businesses to truly thrive - EDF+Business is forging solutions that benefit both. For more information on our work, visit www.business.edf.org.
We are looking for our next superstar Senior Program Assistant to provide top-notch administrative support to the VP of EDF+Business, Senior Director of EDF+Business, as well as lighter touch support for our EDF+Business team members based in our D.C. office, approximately 10 staff members. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining an orderly, thriving workplace. Will be detail-oriented, a fast-learner who is thorough in her/his approach and willing to go the extra mile to complete tasks. A team player who can work independently, anticipate issues before they arise, and exudes integrity and trustworthiness so s/he can become a trusted partner to our most senior leadership.
We’re looking for an individual with a proven track-record of providing high quality administrative support and who wants to grow their career on an administrative track. An individual who is resourceful, solutions-oriented, and flexible enough to adapt to an ever-evolving work environment.
The Senior Program Assistant will:
- Provide high level administrative support to the VP of EDF+Business, Senior Director of EDF+Business, and lighter touch support for EDF+Business D.C. based staff, approximately 10 people.
- Heavy calendar support including scheduling meetings, appointments, conference calls and video conferences for both internal staff meetings and high-profile external stakeholder meetings.
- Act as EDF+Business point person for meetings, activities and events happening in the D.C. office.
- Process monthly expense reports and AmEx statements for multiple staff.
- Plan complex domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare detailed itineraries as requested.
- Track monthly expenses for designated projects within EDF+Business and assist with monthly forecasting of future expenses.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for large scale meetings, conferences or events, and follow through on execution of a successful events.
- Maintain files, update contact information in online databases, including Salesforce.com.
- Assist with special projects and requests, this could include researching industry trends and leaders, monitoring news media for topics of interest, promoting our program work internally through team announcements, monthly meetings or insider stories (EDF’s intranet), or tracking our board and donor communications.
- Backup other EDF+Business program assistants as needed.
The Senior Program Assistant should have a proven track record of being highly organized, responsible and results-focused. S/he should be a detail-oriented self-starter who is a strong team player and can also work well with limited supervision. The qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- 4+ years of relevant administrative office experience in a business or non-profit setting.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate obstacles, challenges and ask clarifying questions; strong writing, proofreading and clerical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and activities from several professionals often in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement as some tasks may involve confidential information.
- Ability to support a team of people who regularly travel and are often out of the office.
- Ability to oversee details of complex projects with a high level of accuracy and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate challenges before they arise and proactively address issues so situations do not escalate.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment, and organize information in a thoughtful manner.
- Proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience using Concur, Salesforce.com and Adobe a plus.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply