With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The Senior Manager, Treasury will provide operational support for all activities within the Global Treasury functions to include managing and supervising the Transaction Processing team, the treasury operations across cash, investments, foreign exchange, Global Banking and debt compliance management. Provide critical support to the Finance Department as the lead for all treasury, Transaction Processing and other ad-hoc projects as they arise. Monitors compliance with Treasury department goals. Assess the products, services, technologies and systems that are available and appropriate for treasury department including the current implementation and upgrades to the companies new NetSuite System (ERP). This position will report to the Director, Finance and Accounting Operations.
Team & Organization Skills
- A business partner mindset and understand the internal and external issues facing the business and industry and use that understanding to forge partnerships and build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business problems, conduct analysis, and identify well-reasoned solutions.
- Performance reviews, objective setting, assigning workload, and development planning of staff.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness with proven ability in managing multiple deliverable timelines concurrently.
- A results orientation mind-set with a personal commitment and drive to set and meet or exceed the operational and financial goals for this position.
- Strong communication skills.
Lead Investment Policy, Multi-Country Banking Network, Loans, and FX Exposure
- Lead refinement and adaption of Investment Policy Statements, overall treasury mission and goals covering Endowments, Retirement Savings, Board Controlled Reserves, and working capital.
- Provide ongoing tactical and strategic management for existing debt administration, including Accounting, periodic debt covenant reporting/restrictions/thresholds. Supports long-term debt strategy.
- Oversee coordination with all banks, investment advisors, and custodians.
- Partner with internal and external resources to ensure Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) objectives are defined, adopted, and optimized for EDF’s use and beyond.
- Develop international cash and liquidity management models and create a framework to manage financial risk.
- Manage Asset Allocations across EDF in accordance with Finance Committee guidance, across multiple financial institutions and EDF’s global cash management processes.
- Prepare quarterly and annual Cost of Money report.
- As the supervisory user, oversee function, access, and security for global programs, online banking and access, and online payment processing; provides oversight and access for reporting functions for banking, investments cash flows, revenues, and other functions.
- Monitoring of restricted funds and trustee items including reconciliation and management of awards and cash releases as applicable.
- Creates and analyzes the cash flow forecast for the company; builds short-and medium-term plans; monitoring and reporting on the status of forecasts.
- Evaluates the banking organizational structure and recommends ways to streamline and improve the flow of funds and information.
- Acts as a business and financial “partner”/consultant to the company and the lines of business in all matters related to Treasury.
- Coordinates all sources of inflows including for example, Stock Sales & PayPal Accounts management of transactions.
- Collaborate with banking partners to maintain and develop cash management structure and resolve any day-to-day operational issues.
- Proactively collaborate with business units and corporate departments to aid in the construction and execution of the cash forecast, intercompany financing structures, and help identify and implement new services as the business grows and banking industry evolves.
- Find ways to continuously improve processes, procedures and controls surrounding cash movement, bank balance/fee monitoring and other Treasury-related activities.
Manage Transaction Processing and Payroll Transaction Teams
- Manage all Transaction Processing functions, such as the weekly Financial report, in addition to all investments, bank account, cash flows, revenues and related items.
- Complete month end financial accounting closing tasks to ensure balances are accurately portrayed.
- Support Audit operations and help develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, manage fraud risk, safeguard assets, and minimize costs across the global organization.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Prepares presentations for external stakeholders (Trustees, rating agencies, banks, lenders, bondholders, etc.).
- Supports CEO/CFO on various initiatives. Participates in Finance Leadership and Development Initiatives.
- Stay abreast of all key regulatory and tax changes in the U.S. and foreign markets that could impact the Company’s cash investments. (e.g. NORAD funding in Kroner; expenditures in US dollars.
- Primary coordinator for bank signers’ updates in the US and all countries where EDF does business.
FBAR documents, filling, maintain and update.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and other work-related system: Bloomberg System (nice to have), ERP, Internet banking systems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational influencing and communications skills to interact with Finance team, EDF Board and across the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with Board members, brokers, bank representatives and internal and external counsel on cash, debt and investment rated issues.
- Ability to manage mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and work to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker and data driven, but also a creative problem solver.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- MBA preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the sector.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply