With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Senior Manager, Membership Analysis leads the evaluation of Membership fundraising and advocacy strategy, campaigns, and file health. This staff person is a key leader within an in-house team that includes strategic planning, project management, data hygiene, coding, copywriting and creative, and production. Analyses will focus on direct mail, email, and telemarketing channels, in collaboration with analysts addressing online display advertising, search, dedicated email partnerships, web traffic, and social media. This person will manage the Coordinator, Data Quality, and report to the Director, Database Marketing & Analytics.
- Answer challenging analytical questions related to the performance of membership file segments.
- Translate business questions expressed by channel managers into actionable reports and analyses.
- Provide ongoing insights to spot trends and make predictions to improve fundraising and advocacy campaign targeting, list selections, and measurements.
- Employ descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analysis strategies, including statistical methods.
- Coordinate reporting and analysis across the department, create revenue projections, and manage analysis vendor.
- Lead Membership operation of analytics tools and platforms, and advise IT and Marketing on their technology choices.
- Collaborate and coordinate with analysts in Marketing, Major Gifts, Prospect Research, and other Development teams.
- Drive best practices and information delivery governance to optimize campaign effectiveness and drive business growth.
- Drive institutional knowledge regarding evolving best practices in analytics, reporting, testing, campaign targeting, and execution.
- Institute an environment of ongoing learning and sharing of skills and knowledge.
- At least eight years of direct-marketing experience, with non-profit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and significant knowledge of statistical methods.
- Highly effective at communicating analysis and data visualizations with a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally.
- Record of independently determining approach to completing projects in a timely manner and managing processes.
- Optimistic approach to problem-solving that respects and embraces diverse perspectives, innovative ideas, and group collaboration.
- Well-organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and supportive of EDF’s mission.
- Previous experience managing staff a plus.
- Experience with BlueVenn, Tableau Server, campaign-based budgeting, direct-marketing reporting systems, or SQL queries a plus.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply