With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The Senior Manager of Development Information & Strategy is responsible for ensuring of that the Development Leadership Team and Executive Team have up-to-date information about fundraising strategies, progress and challenges, and that that Development Staff have the information and tools they need to be successful. The Senior Manager will report to the AVP of Information & Strategy and will work closely with the Coordinator and other members of the Information & Strategy Team, and with the Development Operations Team. S/he will also be a key partner to Portfolio Managers and an important liaison to the Director of the Executive Office.
- Developing and distributing regular communication to the Development Department, Development Leadership Team and to the President and other members of the Executive Team about strategies and progress with top donors & prospects as well as special fundraising campaigns
- Managing the Board Pipeline in partnership with the Director of Trustee Relations
- Managing Development visit priorities for Executive Team members and senior program staff to ensure that EDF is getting in front of key donors and prospects on a regular basis
- Communicating regularly with the Director of the Executive Office and managing the flow of information to and from the President & Chief of Staff
- Developing and distributing regular communication to the Development Department highlighting successes, opportunities and responsibilities
- Evaluating, and managing the reconfiguration and ongoing maintenance of, a central repository of information & resources critical for donor engagement, cultivation & stewardship
- Managing the onboarding of Development Department managers and specialists and Development orientation for new Executive Team members and senior Program Staff.
- Consulting regularly with Portfolio Managers on the Major Gifts, Institutional Giving and Planned Giving teams to ensure that they have the information and tools they need to be successful fundraisers
- Working with partners within the Development Department to ensure that activity history, strategy plans and projected gifts are up-to-date in CommonGround, EDF’s (Salesforce-based) database of record
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Development Operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and identify problems
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple high-priority projects to completion on tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply