Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Location is Washington D.C. with a hybrid work schedule
Senior Help Desk Specialist, known internally as Senior Client Operations Specialist
The IT Client Operations department provides IT support that supports all hardware and software issues. In addition, this team provides hardware and software upgrades and is the first point of contact for all technical issues.
The Senior Help Desk Specialist, based in EDF’s Washington DC office, will provide technical assistance for related systems, including hardware, software to our 800+ users in 13+ EDF locations.
The Senior Help Desk Specialist will report to the Director of Client Operations, and shares responsibilities with another Client Operations Specialist who is responsible for providing technical assistance and support for related systems, including hardware, software, and communications tools to our 800+ users in 13+ EDF locations. They will respond to Help Desk requests by diagnosing and isolating the issue, then research, determine, and implement a solution. The Senior Help Desk Specialist will be the first point of escalation and will work closely with other IT Ops divisions on advanced troubleshooting, new rollouts, and improvement projects.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide in-person or remote end user support for all domestic and international offices, including remote staff around the globe.
- Assist in training junior members and help cultivate new skills or proficiencies.
- Provide support for end user hardware including PC, Mac, and mobile device.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot various supported applications.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain staff Operating System.
- Configure and provide basic support for telecom, video conferencing, and mobile devices.
- Create, update, and manage ticket queue via Zendesk.
- Create and manage accounts in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Determine need for PC hardware and work with IT Coordinator to purchase.
- Determine and decide PC upgrades and repairs.
- Create, delete, troubleshoot, and maintain RSA accounts.
- Manage various software licenses and work with IT Coordinator to purchase and renew licenses.
- Create, manage, and support BlueJeans accounts.
- Provide basic management and troubleshooting for OKTA accounts.
- Install and support network printer issues.
- Research possible solutions to new issues.
- Image and re-image computers and keep them up to date.
- Troubleshoot and test new hardware issues.
- Software deployment for updates and applications.
- User onboarding, and IT introduction.
- Maintain basic inventory of assets.
- Building and maintain active knowledge base for end users.
- 24-hour hotline support on a rotation basis for emergency coverage.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- High school diploma plus technical courses and 8 years’ experience, or B.S. Degree in related field and 4 years’ experience, or relevant experience in the field
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic project management skills with exceptional organizational skills and thoroughness.
- Thorough and precise understanding of PCs, Macs.
- Thorough and precise understanding of Windows 10, MS Office 365, including Outlook/ Exchange, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive.
- Advanced understanding of ShoreTel or equivalent VOIP telephony system.
- Understanding of Lifesize Video Conferencing equipment, iPhones, and Android devices.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. (servers and other equipment)
- Able to swap parts from PC, Laptop, and Servers.
- Self-motivated and can adhere to deadlines.
- Able to work with and around a team of professionals.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A complete understanding of our helpdesk case management tool, and the importance of ticket and inventory tracking.
- Comfortable installing and replacing equipment in a server rack with guidance from network administrators.
- Familiarity with patch panels.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 78,000 - 87,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply