With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
This role can be based remotely or in any US EDF Office.
Responsible for supporting the Compensation Manager in all matters relating to compensation. The Senior Compensation Analyst will assist in the analysis and administration of employer compensation programs and with data management and integrity associated with compensation. S/he will evaluate jobs, participate in compensation surveys, and perform associated analyses. S/he will recommend ways to improve documentation, communication and establish metrics for compensation team.
- Develop and maintain a position description library for all filled and open positions in the organization. Collaborate with HR team and reach out to managers as needed to improve or update existing descriptions.
- Assist Merit Cycle initiatives with data analytics and data quality checks.
- Provide support and guidance to HRBPs, TA team and hiring managers on pay decisions, analysis and policies.
- Ad hoc compensation reporting to support information requests.
- Review and approve HRIS data for new hires.
- Assist in the development of compensation metrics
- Assist with documentation of Compensation policies and practices
- Prepare company data for salary surveys to support the ongoing improvement of organization compensation programs and objectives.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to support company compliance.
- Review jobs for FLSA testing and compliance initiatives.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences fell connected, included and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Math, Accounting).
- CCP or similar certification.
- 4+ years work experience in Compensation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Very strong Excel skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and HRIS systems.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Exposure to international compensation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with compensation research and data analysis and external market data analysis.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential data.
- Knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations (FLSA).
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Interest in environment advocacy.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply