Senior Financial Analyst, Mission Finance - NetSuite
Senior Financial Analyst, Mission Finance
The Senior Financial Analyst, Mission Finance will be a utility player within the Mission Finance team taking on specific tasks and roles that aid the team with their monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial duties. This includes but isn’t limited to budget monitoring and forecasting, donor proposal development/reporting, fund and grant management, and yearly budget building. They will work closely with Mission Finance leadership to help execute financial processes for the team, and a large component of this role serve as a systems expert, helping the team train in EDF’s ERP financial systems (NetSuite & NetSuite Budget & Planning). This requires having significant experience working in this system as well as substantial experience building out reports using the Excel SmartView reporting tool. Additionally, this position will pursue continuous improvement in reporting and processes used to monitor budgets and help to present moderately complex financial data for decision-making to both financial and non-financial audiences.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the AVP, Mission Finance and Operations and will be a member of the Mission Finance team within Enterprise Operations, partnering with other Mission Finance staff and staff of the Finance and Development teams. Working in EDF’s matrixed environment, the Senior Financial Analyst will ensure the production of timely, accurate, and insightful financial information for various stakeholders.
- Execute financial planning, reporting activities, and day-to-day financial procedures, including expense reclasses, invoicing, and contract financial review.
- Help build out reporting by using SmartView and other applicable dashboards from financial systems generated data in order to help streamline the flow of financial information in alignment with Mission Finance goals and strategies.
- Collaborate with Mission Finance staff to produce timely month-end reports of actual vs. budget results, ensuring accuracy and completeness and investigating, analyzing, and explaining variances from budget for income and expense line items.
- Identify issues in budget management and work with staff to correct.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Update monthly budget forecasts in financial systems as a NetSuite and NSBP system super-user, as well as work closely with colleagues who are system administrators and business owners of our financial systems.
- Assist with preparing and facilitating fundraising proposal budgets and donor financial reports on awarded revenue, as needed.
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for various stakeholders, including Mission staff, internal management, finance staff, and senior operations leads.
- Manage one or more grants, including government grants, and their funds, as applicable.
- Submit and approve invoices, ensure the proper coding of expense items, and submit purchase orders for management approval, when needed.
- Assist in the development of department and workstream annual budget submissions.
- Participate in departmental meetings and trainings.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting, or related field required. An advanced degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- Extensive experience using NetSuite and NSPB financial systems required.
- Advanced SmartView reporting skills required.
- Proven knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and reporting required.
- Thorough understanding of non-profit accounting principles and grants management required.
- Experience reporting to government grants, foundations, fund accounting, and private donors is preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities, including performing financial analysis and creating insight from a large-scale general ledger.
- Expertise in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, including advanced proficiency in developing formulas, pivot tables, charts and spreadsheets that clearly present data to facilitate decision-making by management.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to spot trends and ensure accuracy.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills with the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues, particularly communicating financial information to a broad audience with differing needs.
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and be flexible under pressure with changing priorities and perform well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work productively and independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
$78,000 - $86,000 USD/Yr.
Regular Full Time
Remote - US
March 20, 2023
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?