With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
- Support Major Gifts, Foundations, Planned Giving and Membership for donor cultivation, stewardship and engagement events including (but not limited to) national teleconference calls, program briefings, trustee- and donor-hosted events, board meetings and others, as directed by the Director, Events Management
- Manage pre- and on-site logistical and other arrangements for donor events and functions under the supervision of the Director, Events Management.
- Working with the Events Associate, coordinate invitation lists with portfolio managers.
- Maintain department records of individual events to include attendees, copy of invitations and invited guests, agenda, staff wrap up notes and follow-up action.
- Collaborate with Development and Program staff to identify opportunities for events that will advance the organizational fundraising and program agendas.
- Coordinate the follow-up with Development event attendees, ensuring that portfolio managers have the proper follow-up tools so that all prospects receive the appropriate treatment.
The successful candidate will:
Be a creative thinker with proven ability to work independently to simultaneously produce and manage multiple events from conception to completion
Be a self-starter, detail oriented and well organized
Have excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with donors, board members, guest speakers and staff at all levels of the organization
Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, C-Vent, Common Ground (or similar event or contact management software)
Be flexible to for extended work hours, weekends and travel, which will be at times be required
Have a minimum of 4 years’ event-planning experience and/or a Bachelor’s Degree. CMP or other meeting and events certification is a plus.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply