Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
In an effort to help EDF communicate more effectively with our current and potential supporters, the Senior Data Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of Analytics & Insights to help manage our multitude of data sources, measure campaign performance, and provide actionable insight to the Marketing, Communications, and Membership teams. They will need to be a creative problem solver with solid analytical and data manipulation abilities, an aptitude for learning, and strong attention to detail. Knowledge of statistical packages to analyze structured and unstructured datasets and experience using data visualization tools is required. This position will have the opportunity to help shape our digital analytics practice by evaluating and recommending platforms, processes, and data sources.
- Create and manage a suite of standard monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Perform analyses on disparate sets of data to extract actionable insights.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders and clients.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams of analysts, marketers, developers, and others
- Research data hygiene issues.
- Monitor both top-line and bottom-line impact of programs to achieve growth, revenue and ROI goals.
- Combine data from multiple systems in order to get a full profile of constituent activity.
- Document processes used to produce queries, reports, and routine analyses.
- Assist in the organizing and analyzing of marketing experiments.
- Help lead the evolution of our existing reporting and analysis to increase their utility and impact.
- Guide and mentor fellow analysts to build a best-in-class analytics team.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis
- Bachelors’ degree required in an analytical field, with familiarity and high comfort level with statistics
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail a must
- Creative and logical thinker
- Capable of tackling very loosely-defined problems
- Naturally inquisitive, with a curiosity for understanding root causes
- Ability to abstract specific insights from large data-sets
- Ability to self-teach, be a quick learner of technology and data analysis techniques
- Adept at SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools, as well as experience with R and other statistical tools
- Familiarity with GitHub a plus
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 78,000 - 85,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply