Senior Assistant, Fisheries & Oceans Operations
The Senior Assistant will play a key role in providing operations and administrative support. Working with other members of the Fisheries & Oceans Operations Team, the Senior Assistant will provide scheduling support, contracting, invoicing, expense reporting, event planning, and other support as needed. In addition to ensuring smooth operation of day-to-day activities, the Senior Assistant will work with other team members to support the implementation of improved systems and provide coordination support for key initiatives. The Senior Assistant will report to the Project Manager, Resilient Fisheries Operations.
This is a full-time position on a fixed-term contract through December 2024, with possibility of renewal and/or conversion. This role can be performed on a primarily remote arrangement
,but due to specific events that this employee will be responsible for supporting, there is a strong preference for candidates based in a commutable distance from EDF's office in Washington DC. Select candidates residing in New York City NY, Raleigh NC, or within a commutable distance to the DC office may be considered with exception.
- Manage schedule, organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences for the Director and the team.
- Process expense reports and submit program-related invoices for the Director, clean energy initiatives, and other senior staff.
- Administer and help draft contracts for consultants or other vendors.
- Maintain well-organized and accessible electronic and paper files.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication and planning skills in preparing written products, responding to information requests, and helping coordinate and track activities among staff members.
- Attend internal and external meetings and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs.
- Assist with research and analysis related to key program goals.
- Collaborate on preparation and distribution of reports and other written materials.
- Manage materials development and production.
- Manage website updates.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences fell connected, included and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 2 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
$48,000 - $53,000 USD/Yr.
Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term) Full Time
Washington, D.C., New York, Raleigh, Remote - US
May 4, 2023
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?