With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund is seeking a Senior Assistant who will provide key programmatic and administrative support to Ecosystem’s Water program. The Senior Assistant will work on tasks related to project tracking, scheduling, invoicing/contracts, communications, and meeting/event planning. The Senior Assistant will spend approximately two-thirds of his/her time on administrative duties, with the remainder on research, communication, and project management oriented tasks. This role is part of the larger operational team within the Ecosystems program. The Senior Assistant reports technically to the Director of Operations, but also works closely in a team environment receiving direction from Associate Vice President, Water and the water team.
- Manage schedules, organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences for the AVP Water and senior leaders of the water team
- Process expense reports and submit program-related invoices
- Administer and help draft contracts for consultants or other vendors
- Maintain well-organized and accessible files for the water and ecosystems teams
- Apply excellent organizational, communication and planning skills in preparing written products, responding to information requests, and helping coordinate and track activities among staff members
- Attend internal and external meetings and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs
- Assist with research and analysis related to key program goals
- Collaborate on preparation and distribution of reports and other written materials
- Works with Supervisor on operational tasks for the Water and broader Ecosystems team.
- Assist with coordinating Sacramento office management functions as needed
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications ability
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of IBM PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
This position will be located in either the Sacramento or San Francisco office, with a preference for Sacramento.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.