With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
- Prepare written materials, respond to information requests, and help coordinate and track activities.
- Attend internal meetings and be able to document, identify and track key takeaways, next steps, including resources or research needs.
- Collaborate on preparation and distribution of reports and other written materials.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Actively promote and ensure clear communications with internal staff at all levels.
- Manage schedules, organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences for the Vice President, Political Affairs and Senior Director, Campaigns.
- Make decisions on routine tasks and assignments.
- Solve moderately complicated problems using independent thinking and knowledge in both routine and specialized projects.
- Process expense and American Express reports and submit program-related invoices.
- Administer contracts for consultants and work with Finance to ensure timely payments of contracts.
- Maintain well-organized and accessible electronic and paper files.
- Coordinate projects to ensure deliverables are given within specified timeframe.
- At least 4 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of IBM PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply