With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Salesforce Project Management Lead is a member of the Information Technology team and is responsible for providing project planning and management of enterprise-wide Salesforce projects and initiatives at EDF. Reporting to the Salesforce Solution Architect, they will help to develop a project organization structure that facilitates the coordination and implementation of project activities across the Salesforce technical team. They will liaise with key stakeholders and end users in the Development, Membership, Strategic Relationship Management, and Program departments. This includes documenting user stories and requirements gathering; developing and maintaining project plans; and coordinating system testing and deployment schedules for the project and ongoing Salesforce product life cycle development releases, establishing timelines and scope of work to optimize resource management across project related to Salesforce and integrated solutions.
The Salesforce Project Management Lead will be responsible for managing the implementation project of migrating our current Salesforce instance and managed package for donor management to a new Salesforce instance utilizing their Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). This is a mission critical, enterprise project with visibility at the highest levels of the organization and will require careful planning and management of multiple iterations from planning to launch followed by additional phases of functional enhancements. Post-migration, the Project Management Lead will continue to plan and support the rollout of new functionality and streamlined business processes to build on the capabilities of Salesforce NPSP, Lightning, and other Salesforce and integrated solutions.
Location: New York city preferred but other U.S. offices okay.
- Work with Salesforce project technical leads and external consultants/partners to develop and maintain detailed project plans, assign tasks, and manage resource availability across the implementation project and other projects managed by the team.
- Manage communication and project prioritization with internal stakeholders, executive leaders, vendors and external partners acting as liaison with stakeholders and end users, facilitating project status updates, planning, discovery, implementation meetings and user acceptance testing initiatives.
- Track action items and outstanding decisions, maintain project RAID logs, and assist with documentation and change management procedures.
- Manage the Salesforce product roadmap project plan, in-take process of new projects, and develop key reports & project dashboards.
- Manage communication on project status to leadership and executive sponsors of project teams.
- Collaborate with PMO and other PM roles to standardize and optimize project management processes and tools used within IT and align priorities with collaborating departments.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of technology project management experience in complex environments
- 3+ years managing Salesforce projects, including planning, organizing, budgeting and managing resources
- Experience with Salesforce implementations a plus
- Working knowledge of Smartsheet, Microsoft Project or other PM software
- PMP Certification preferred
- Salesforce certification a plus
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, of varying priority and scope
- Strong communication skills, with both highly technical and lay users
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply