Rewards Manager, Europe
Reward Manager, Europe
The Reward Manager is a key partner and advisor in ensuring EDFs reward offering is aligned to our strategy, the wider recruitment market and legislative requirements. You will be the in-house specialist on the development and delivery of our longer-term reward in our Europe regions, working across our matrix structure to collaborate and drive an inclusive approach through your leadership style.
The role will lead in determining short- and long-term strategies for compensation to ensure market competitiveness in the European region. The Reward Manager will apply their expertise in the analysis and implementation of employer compensation initiatives to gather market data, recommend pay decisions, and educate employees on our compensation philosophy. All whilst ensuring our offerings are equitable and competitive in the wider recruitment market, through extensive benchmarking research and statistical reporting.
Working as part of the HR function, the role will deliver key annual reward mechanisms and processes, and project manage to ensure our reward offering reflects the geographical differences that our established US not-for-profit alongside our emerging global presence brings.
The role will ensure that our reward offering contributes to employee engagement in our regions, whilst also being aligned to EDF’s mission, values and HR best practice.
The Reward Manager reports to the Senior Director HRBP based in London, and a strong working relationship with the Total Rewards team based in the US.
- Develop, review and implement pay and reward initiatives and frameworks for Europe, in line with our Compensation Philosophy
- Ensure our offerings are equitable and competitive in the regional recruitment market, through extensive benchmarking research and statistical reporting
- Support the AVP Global Total Rewards and HRIS in all pay review activity, providing data reports and managing data input/production requirements
- Provide on-going, high-level compensation advice in relation to organisational goals while reinforcing culture, mission and values of EDF
- Act as an internal compensation expert, ensuring comprehensive and pragmatic pay advice and solutions to our emerging regions UK, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands.
- Engage with external stakeholders, preparing data and lead salary surveys to support the ongoing improvement of organisational reward objectives
- Offer comprehensive and pragmatic pay advice and solutions to all levels of management
- Update documentation of compensation policies and practices and assist with general employee inquiries
- Assist our annual pay increase cycle initiative, with data analytics and data quality checks
- Participates in advancing Environmental Defense Fund DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with Environmental Defense Fund values
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree level, or similarly qualified by depth of HR experience
- CIPD Level 5 qualified, or equivalent professional
- Relevant CPD/further training in Reward Management
- Proven track record of professional experience in UK & European compensation, with firm knowledge of regional developments and total reward philosophy for Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands is essential
- Experience collaborating in a matrixed environments across functions in HR and business operations
- Knowledge of compensation and reward conventions and laws in the countries we presently employ in
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint). Proficiency and knowledge of HRIS preferred (Workday a plus)
- Experience in charity or similar type of organisation is desirable
- Excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills with strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy across multiple systems and documentation
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, work well under pressure, remain flexible and with a positive attitude in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interface across internal departments and levels to represent HR in a highly professional manner
- Strong research and analytical skills to gather and summarize data for reports, proactively identify issues, and problem-solve
- Demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and good judgement handling confidential and sensitive matters and information
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse culture and backgrounds
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English is essential • Ability and willingness to work across multiple geographies, including flexibility to work across time zones when necessary
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% of time), including internationally
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK when applying
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.