With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter will support all functions and programs in securing the best available diverse talent using various sourcing methods.
- Full lifecycle recruitment for vacancies across EDF, partnering with management on position definition, development of the search strategy and candidate requirements, conducting the search (traditional sourcing and social media), screen/interview/evaluate candidates, perform reference checks, conduct internal equity analysis and facilitating the process through to offer delivery, negotiation and onboarding.
- Conduct in person and virtual interviews, lead debriefs with hiring mangers; mentor and coach mangers through their hiring decisions.
- Support new hiring managers with the ATS system – iCIMS
- Build talent networks and candidate pipelines in key areas across the organization, developing relationships and tapping industry sources to develop robust talent pools.
- Maintain a pulse on business needs and strategy, act as a brand ambassador and champion best practice throughout the process
- Utilize HRIS (Workday) and our iCIMS Applicant Tracking System
- Attend career fairs, etc. as appropriate to develop EDF’s brand as necessary
- Develop an on-going pipeline of diverse internal and external candidates
- Keep abreast of current EEO guidelines, human resources legislation and regulations, as well as changes in the human resources field
- Identify opportunities for increased effectiveness of current, and diversity outreach, recruiting programs.
- Assist with other HR-related tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in recruitment, or related Human Resources experience
- Knowledge of recruitment best practices from other organizations
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and ability to remain flexible in an evolving environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Self-starter with high energy; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of HRIS and applicant tracking systems preferred , iCIMS a plus
- Interest in EDF’s mission and business objectives preferred
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply