Project Manager, Political Affairs
PROJECT MANAGER, Political Affairs
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
The Project Manager will play a critical role in the development, execution, and replication of the organization’s national constituency engagement efforts with Latino communities, including national Latino advocacy organizations, Hispanic elected and appointed officials, and Latino leaders and networks. This position will entail developing recommendations and action steps using advanced knowledge gleaned from previous experience, key stakeholders, and EDF staff. Project outcomes must be practically and technically sound from a business and operational perspective, and yet aggressively address environmental concerns. The Project Manager’s role will be to work within EDF’s Political Affairs program, as well as with the Environmental Defense Action Fund (C4) and reports to the Director of Campaigns.
- Cultivate relationships and manage strategic partnerships with national Latino advocacy organizations to add power to their environmental advocacy and elevate Latino voices in the environmental advocacy movement.
- Manage multi-year strategic partnership engagement plan, including developing and updating strategic goals and key metrics, as well as tracking and measuring progress toward goals.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a legislative strategy that compliments Latino constituency engagement efforts, including developing relationships with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and Conference.
- Supervise design, production, and translation of materials tailored for Latino audiences, such as fact sheets, blog posts, social media content, scripts for virtual engagement events, and reports.
- Represent EDF at key external events, including conferences, sponsored events, coalition meetings, and in English and Spanish language media.
- Communicate various project goals and results to Environmental Defense staff, companies, policymakers, environmental groups, the media and the public through reports, interviews, presentations, and other methods.
- Contribute to projects' success by facilitating strong communication within project teams, within the web team and with stakeholders. This includes articulating project goals and keeping the team in sync on progress and desired results.
- Play an integral role in other activities including fundraising, evaluating and recommending new project ideas; disseminating and communicating project results; and being a team player in the development of a vibrant and entrepreneurial program.
- At least four or more years of related experience, or advanced degree in a related field with at least two years’ related experience
- Experience in project management and exceptional personal organization and attention to detail;
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of small teams in a dynamic and creative environment;
- Strong analytical skills and experience performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience;
- Ability to juggle many tasks and deadlines and to respond quickly to changing opportunities.
- A broad understanding of environmental issues and demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse scientists and industrial stakeholders in large-scale, multi-initiative studies.
- Native fluency in both English and Spanish is preferred;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), social media (Twitter, Facebook), and Slack.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer