With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Moms Clean Air Force Overview
Moms Clean Air Force (MCAF) is a community of moms and dads united against air pollution - including the urgent crisis of our changing climate- to protect our children’s health. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools and on-the-ground events.
Developing and deploying grassroots and direct advocacy tactics, building programs to engage new constituencies and growing MCAF’s influence on local, state, and federal decision makers.
- Head up —i.e. guide policy, implementation of campaigns—all Moms field work on methane emissions, state-based as well as federal
- Work with field consultants and field management team
- Report into Moms management on methane work
- Capture “wins” for website
- Work with press team to amplify moms message on methane
- Oversee partnership with United Methodist Women in work on methane regulations
- Cultivate additional partners for methane work, state based
- Coordinate with EDF Oil and Gas teams
- Coordinate with EDF federal methane program
- Oversee and organize on (but not limited to) Pennsylvania climate, toxics, and other Moms work
The successful applicant will have proven professional experience managing advocacy field campaigns and a passion for advancing solutions to clean air and climate change. Applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 4 years of relevant experience, including project/team management experience and experience developing organizational systems and protocols in a nonprofit, political or campaign setting.
- Exemplary problem-solving interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems through coalitions and partnerships.
- Experience mediating internal conflicts both inside and outside of a chain of command.
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor.
- Demonstrated desire to step into various roles as needed.
- Commitment to EDF’s strategic approach, combined with enthusiasm for working on complex issues.
- Ability to communicate to large audiences, including public speaking, giving presentations and responding to media requests.
- Ability to organize and execute events.
- Ability to activate and organize citizens through online and on-the-ground organizing.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply