Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
The Project Manager will play a supporting role in the development, execution, and replication of a campaign to secure investments in hyperlocal air insights that drive actions to reduce health inequities. The Project Manager’s role is to support the US Health Policy Director on identifying campaign partners, outreach, developing the case for hyperlocal insights, developing and commenting on legislation and regulation, and serving as an external and internal resource on why hyperlocal insights matter. This critical work supports EDF’s efforts to accelerate policies that address health disparities from air pollution. This position reports to the Global Clean Air Policy Director – US Region.
- Conduct targeted policy analysis, research, writing, and translating work for multiple audiences.
- Contribute to success by facilitating strong communication within and among project teams and with stakeholders. This includes helping to identify campaign partners, managing the collaboration process with other NGOs, and building consensus on policy requests and political targets
- Coordinate comments on federal and state health and equity legislation and policy proposals
- Develop work plans, negotiate project agreements and scopes of work, identify and procure necessary resources, and manage project work and deliverables.
- Support and manage key components of ongoing projects with internal and external partners, including from academia, industry, and research organizations.
- Develop and apply appropriate means for measuring the success of campaigns & projects
- Develop and support the dissemination of communications materials for diverse audiences through reports, fact sheets, blog posts, interviews, presentations, and other methods.
- Play a supportive role in other activities including fundraising, evaluating and recommending new project ideas; disseminating and communicating project results; and being a team player in the development of a vibrant and entrepreneurial program.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four or more years of related experience, or advanced degree in a related field with at least two years’ related experience. Relevant degrees will focus on public policy, law, economics, public health, or related fields.
- Ability to think creatively at the intersection of technical, scientific and policy issues;
- Strong interest in using science and economics to influence public policy;
- Demonstrated track record of building consensus and delivering results with diverse partners;
- Ability to absorb and translate complex scientific and technical topics to different audiences
- Experience in project management and exceptional personal organization and attention to detail;
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of small teams in a dynamic and creative environment;
- Strong analytical skills and experience performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience;
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to juggle many tasks and deadlines and to respond quickly to changing opportunities.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply