With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
EDF’s goal is to ensure that 30% of new trucks sold in the U.S. are zero-emitting by 2030 and 100% of new trucks sold are zero-emitting by 2040, with early action that maximizes health and equity benefits for overburdened communities. EDF+Business is accelerating the transition to zero-emission trucks in the corporate sector through deployment, policy advocacy and investor influence.
The Project Manager will be a key contributor to the success of EDF+Business’ ZEV transition initiative. The Project Manager will work with corporate partners, EDF staff across the organization, and external allies and stakeholders to increase ZEV deployments, target those deployments in areas impacted by truck pollution and cultivate allies for EDF’s policy goals. This position reports to the Managing Director, EDF+Business for Corporate Climate Leadership.
This is a two year fixed term contract.
- Oversee zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) deployment projects, including identifying potential partners, scoping projects and acting as project lead with corporate partners and stakeholder groups.
- Collaborate with EDF staff in other departments, including the U.S. Region, Healthy Communities, Justice and Equity, and Marketing and Communications teams, to design and execute program strategy and determine goals, success measures and timelines.
- Support program and organizational efforts to enact federal and state legislation and regulation to accelerate the transition to zero-emission vehicles. Stay current on existing incentives for fleets and shippers to deploy zero-emission trucks.
- Communicate project goals and results to internal and external audiences through memos, blogs, reports and presentations.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Supervise consultants and interns to achieve program goals.
- Contribute to funding proposals and reports.
- Manage program budgets and resources.
At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in business, consulting, government or the nonprofit sector. Transportation and logistics experience strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required. Preference for the major to be in political science, economics, environmental studies or another relevant field.
Highly organized self-starter with excellent project management skills. Ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. Track record of success overseeing complex projects and solving challenging problems.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to see patterns across large volumes of data and synthesize key conclusions.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
Self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Ability to advance EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included and empowered to address the environmental challenges we face. This includes fostering equitable systems and empowering diverse constituencies both internally and externally.
A utility player who can be flexible with changing job responsibilities, adjust or pivot as necessary to challenges, and is willing learn new skills if necessary.
Proficiency in the use of PCs, the Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint), database programs, and Salesforce.com.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply