With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The Project Manager, Diverse Partnerships is a key member of the Political Affairs team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Campaigns & Partnerships, this position will lead and manage relationships with partner groups, including civil rights, civic engagement, and community–based organizations to advance shared strategic goals regarding policies on climate change, clean energy and defending core environmental laws.
- Manage a portfolio of diverse partner organizations and consultants, which includes cultivating, informing, and engaging a network of local and national partners through contributions, grant-making and resource sharing.
- As an integral member of the Campaigns & Partnerships team, assist with the development of campaign strategies, tactics, and metrics, working collectively within the greater EDF team on special projects and externally with partners
- Lead or support special projects such as Capitol Hill advocacy days, competitive grants program, briefings and events, conferences, and other advocacy-related efforts.
- Coordinate the development of public facing materials between EDF and consultants to support outreach to lawmakers, grasstops, and coalition partners.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination within Political Affairs, and with other EDF programs, special projects, and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of related experience overall.
- Experience managing personnel, partners and/or consultants. Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Strong cultural competency is critical to this role, along with an understanding of environmental justice. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice training or Diversity Equity Inclusion training preferred.
- Experience in issue advocacy and in running local or national advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Spanish language fluency is a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of teams in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. up to 20% of the time.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply