With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
- Attend, participate, and represent EDF in meetings with policymakers, advocacy coalition partners, with responsibility for documenting, identifying and tracking key takeaways and next steps, including research needs.
- Support and assist with managing of EDF’s Florida partnerships with nonprofit, corporate and other allies
- Synthesize issue research and policy analysis and draft/edit documents and other materials to support EDF’s advocacy agenda, strategic communications efforts, internal and external reporting requirements, and other purposes
- Manage Florida program’s databases, including tracking of all congressional meetings, donor engagements and program’s progress toward goals.
- Respond to requests for information and prepare correspondence as needed.
- Help to coordinate activities, events and projects.
- Coordinate administrative processes of the Florida office, including expense reporting and invoice processing.
- Administer contracts for consultants, including: assistance in writing/processing contracts and working with program staff/consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled and invoices are submitted and paid in a timely fashion.
- A minimum 3 years of experience work in community organizing, environmental policy and/or advocacy campaigns and a bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizations, build effective coalitions, and work within diverse communities.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Presence, confidence and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, together with a demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a self-starter.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply