Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, EDF+BUSINESS
This position is hybrid reporting to EDF’s Washington, D.C. or NYC office.
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
EDF+Business has been working with the private sector to address the world’s most pressing environmental problems for over thirty years. We develop and deploy business and investor engagement strategies that accelerate environmental leadership, innovation, and results across industries and supply chains. We are working to create a more sustainable and resilient world where companies, communities and the environment thrive - and we’re making it happen by leveraging the power of the marketplace. We bring together cutting-edge science, policy, and economic expertise to high-impact companies to transform business as usual in their products, operations, and advocacy. For more information on our work, visit business.edf.org.
We are looking for our next superstar Program Coordinator to provide high quality administrative support to the Senior Vice President, EDF+Business. This Program Coordinator will provide heavy calendar and travel support for the SVP, as well as lighter touch administrative support for other designated EDF+Business senior staff. Additional responsibilities include: monthly financial/expense reporting, program contract management and invoice processing, occasional research and event planning, and organizing team culture building activities. This role will report to and work closely with the Associate Vice President of Strategy and Operations, EDF+Business, and will assist in coordinating general program operations.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining an orderly, thriving workplace. Will be detail-oriented, a fast-learner who is thorough in their approach and works to ensure all tasks are consistently completed in a timely manner. A team player who can work independently, anticipate issues before they arise, share solutions-oriented ideas, and exudes integrity and trustworthiness so she/he/they can become a trusted partner to our most senior leadership.
We’re looking for an individual with a proven track-record of providing high quality administrative support and who wants to grow their career. An individual who is highly organized, resourceful, intellectually curious, and flexible enough to adapt to an ever-evolving work environment.
- Provide high quality administrative support for the SVP, EDF+Business and lighter touch support for EDF+Business senior staff as needed.
- Calendar support including: scheduling meetings, appointments, conference calls and video conferences for both internal staff meetings and high-profile external stakeholder meetings; experience scheduling across multiple timezones.
- Act as EDF+Business point-person for meetings, activites and events happening in the Washington, D.C. office.
- Process monthly expense reports and credit card statements for multiple staff.
- Plan domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare detailed itineraries as requested.
- Track monthly expenses for designated workstreams; code expenses for donor tracking purposes.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for large meetings, conferences or events, and follow through on execution of successful events.
- Maintain files, update contact information in online databases, including Salesforce.
- Assist with special projects and requests like: researching industry trends and leaders, monitoring news media for topics of interest, promoting our program work internally through team announcements, monthly meetings or insider stories (EDF’s intranet), or tracking our board and donor communications.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Support other EDF+Business program assistants as needed.
The Program Coordinator should have a proven track record of being highly organized, responsible and results-focused. The qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant administrative office experience in a business or non-profit setting.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate obstacles, challenges and ask clarifying questions; strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and actitivies from several professionals often in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement as some tasks may involve confidential information.
- Ability to support a team of people who regularly travel and are often out of the office.
- Ability to oversee details of complex projects with a high level of accuracy and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate challenges before they arise and proactively address issues so situations do not escalate.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment, and organize information in a thoughtful manner.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and OneDrive, Google Docs/Sheets.
- Experience using Concur, Salesforce.com and Adobe a plus.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 47,500 - 62,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply