With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
- Coordinate the strategic and quarterly planning processes for Moms Clean Air Force field program. This includes helping to develop, implement and track progress.
- Coordinate special projects and campaigns for Moms field program.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication and planning skills by responding to requests for information, helping to coordinate activities and projects for the team and preparing correspondence as needed.
- Manage other administrative tasks associated with staff, including logistics, office needs, and telecommunications.
- Perform research and analytics as needed to support ongoing projects or to evaluate new project ideas or strategies.
- Oversee production of all materials used by field staff and at major national events with vendors and printers, including identifying appropriate vendors and providing input on production layouts.
- Assist Moms’ Field Team in booking travel and handle logistics requests for conferences and meetings
- Coordinate with the senior business manager and financial analyst on administering contractual agreements for consultants, including working with program staff and consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled and invoices are submitted in a timely fashion.
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience or four years of relevant experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of environmental issues.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with co-workers, internal staff and external partners and groups.
- Excellent writing skills for reports.
- Capable of representing Moms accurately and confidentially when addressing email inquiries.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills and ability to analyze data and report results, impacts and inconsistencies.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Has independent judgment to make decisions on work activities, including identifying and recommending action steps.
- Exceptional personal organization, attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong capability and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply