With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund is hiring a Program Assistant to provide support to EDF’s Climate Program. The Program Assistant has primary administrative responsibility across a wide range of tasks and functions, and helps ensure the smooth and effective function of the program, including coordinating and facilitating internal and external meetings and communications, organizing events, and managing staff travel.
- Manage logistics, and coordinate workflow and operations, for senior team leaders.
- Arrange travel, prepare itineraries, reconcile accounts and expense reports for professional staff.
- Draft contracts with international consultants; process and track invoices.
- Organize and attend regular team meetings; coordinate and communicate logistics for team staff; distribute agenda and supporting materials to attendees in timely manner, where appropriate.
- Track program expenditures and assist in updating monthly financial reports.
- Plan and manage logistics for international climate conferences, workshops, and other events in the US and international locations, including correspondence with international organizations and civil society partners.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, briefing memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
- Support staff members in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
- Work independently and as part of a team on special projects, which may include assisting in the planning, coordination, and dissemination of presentations, narrative reports and other written and web-based information to international audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to effectively juggle and execute multiple, time-sensitive tasks simultaneously.
- Highly personable demeanor; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Cross cultural experience preferred.
- Eagerness to work both independently and as part of a small and nimble and diverse team.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook, strong skills with Excel and PowerPoint.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply