With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
An experienced program support person; performs difficult and/or specialized programmatic, content driven, bilateral activities in addition to more routine administrative or technical assignments. To assist with all EDF China program programmatic, communication and operation related work in EDF’s NYC office.
- Manage schedule, organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences for the Senior Manager and the team.
- Process expense reports and submit program-related invoices for the Senior Manager, China related initiatives.
- Support Senior Manager in cross programs/teams communication needs.
- Administer and help draft contracts for consultants or other vendors.
- Maintain well-organized and accessible electronic and paper files.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills by responding to requests for information and project management, helping to coordinate activities and projects for the China team and preparing correspondence and reports as needed.
- Support meetings and document meeting via excellent note-taking and meeting minutes;
- Facilitate in internal and external information collection, translation, summary and compilation;
- Translation or editing between English and Chinese documents required;
- Apply excellent organizational, communication and planning skills in preparing written products, responding to information requests, and helping coordinate and track activities among staff members.
- Organize internal and external meetings as assigned, attend meetings and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs.
- Assist with research and analysis related to key program goals.
- Collaborate on preparation and distribution of reports and other written materials.
- Manage materials development and production.
- Manage website updates.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master preferred.
- At least 2 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese, verbal and written required.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply