With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The closing date for applications is July 22.
Working in close cooperation with our European Executive Director and our US teams you will keep abreast of policy developments in the EU and of EDF expertise.
The Policy Analyst will look for opportunities where EDF expertise can add value to the debate and policy considerations in Europe. We’re looking for candidates with a broad interest in the environment, strong analytical skills, good attention to detail and who wants to contribute to finding solutions to the environmental challenges of the 21st Century.
In this varied role, you will keep developments in European policy thinking on the EDF agenda by providing internal stakeholders with the information they need to develop their engagement. By supporting senior EDF stakeholders, you will work toward EDF being consistently included in discussions with European policy makers, NGOs, academics and industry. The Policy Analyst will report to the AVP European Strategy & Engagement, liaising closely with colleagues in Europe, the United States and in other overseas offices.
- To conduct research and analysis, as directed, on current state of play across a broad range of European environmental issues
- To keep abreast of programmatic work within EDF
- To seek opportunities for EDF engagement in a broader range of issues in Europe
- Draft policy briefings and reports as required
- Research partner organisations to broaden EDF experience and influence
- Develop and maintain relationships both within EDF and externally
- Assist on putting together consultations on behalf of EDF Europe, gaining input from colleagues and external partners as appropriate
- Draft high-quality memos, presentations and policy analysis on short timelines
Skills & Experience
- Educated to Undergraduate level or equivalent professional experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, influential relationships with a range of stakeholders and work collaboratively with policy makers, researchers and service users
- Ability to undertake an evidence-based approach to research, including undertaking policy research, producing high quality briefings, good standard of written work, ability to synthesize complex info into accessible and succinct briefings, eye for detail and accuracy
- Understanding of and interest in issues surrounding the delivery of environmental policy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to adapt communication style dependent on audience and format including digital platforms
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines
You must have the right to live and work in the EU when applying.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply