With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Organizational Design Manager
The organizational design (OD) manager plans, develops, implements and administers talent programs and associated HR projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Plan, design and implement organizational development policies and programs (onboarding, professional skills, management and leadership development, internal webinar initiatives, mentor programs, performance management, talent management etc).
- Facilitate the implementation of appropriate change management processes (eg stakeholder management and communication plans) associated with organizational design activities.
- Collaborates with HRBPs to align workforce strategies and recommends talent strategies to increase the readiness and capabilities of the workforce aligned with strategic objectives.
- Evaluates and assesses the organization’s current competencies to ensure alignment with both current and future needs
- Internally build the brand and reputation as an outstanding organization of strong values
- Create reports and dashboards for managers and other stakeholders to aid with their talent management effectiveness
- Research, recommend and ensure that strong development programs and tools are in place to retain talented employees.
- Provide global support as needed for all Talent Development initiatives
- Coach and guide the OD Specialist to ensure continuous learning and development
Training & Development
- Research and analyze development needs and establish relationships with key partners to anticipate future needs
- Design training and development policies and programs for all employees at all levels and across different competencies
- Organizes and assists in developing learning materials, pre-work and course evaluations
- Plan and execute training, workshops and development activities with HRBPs and other key stakeholders.
- Research and recommend external training solutions to meet training needs when required
- Maintain and report on training expense/budget and conduct periodic cost and productivity analyses to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Deliver training or facilitate some workshops as required
- Develop and monitor KPIs and ROI including assessing effectiveness of training in terms of employee performance.
Talent Reviews and Succession Planning:
- Design appropriate processes and tools in collaboration with Senior Director, HRBPs, HRIS to implement talent mapping and succession planning
- Partner with HRBPs to support managers and leaders with appropriate and impactful data collection and action planning activities
Performance Management Process:
- Provide input on process enhancements and partner with colleagues and stakeholders to execute on implementation
- Support the annual review process and quarterly check-ins - creating and deploying new materials and toolkits
- Support and deliver performance management training as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Management, Organizational Development or related area
- 7+ years’ experience preferred in human resources, learning & development, and/or organizational design
- Certification in assessment tools such as MBTI, Insights Discovery, Lumina Spark, Hogan, 360 feedback (strongly desired)
Experience and Skills:
- Experienced in organizational development, concepts and practices
- Experienced in change management
- Experienced in learning and development at all levels and across multiple competencies
- Ability to work in lean organizations and be self-sufficient
- Ability to effectively implement programs
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills are required
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to relate to people well and handle difficult situations
- Strong understanding of human behavior, business management, operations and strategy
- Ability to be both strategic and execution focused
- Excel and PowerPoint skills: Excel inc V-lookups, Pivot Tables, Formulas, etc. PowerPoint: ability to create professional and engaging presentations inc use of infographics, animations and transitions (strongly desired)
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply