With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund (edf.org), a leading international nonprofit organization, creates transformational solutions to the most serious environmental problems. EDF links science, economics, law and innovative private-sector partnerships. Connect with us on EDF Voices, Twitter and Facebook.
Are you interested in exploring a career at an internationally-recognized environmental organization? By joining EDF as an Intern, you too can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life. EDF’s Internship Program welcomes intellectually hungry leaders to join us, advance our work, and cultivate the skills and relationships needed for a successful career working for the environment. Alumni of our Internship Program have gone on to important leadership positions, most notably our own President, Fred Krupp. Could you be the next Fred Krupp?
EDF offers internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates in a variety of programs and departments throughout the organization. The ultimate goal of our internship and fellowship program is to provide high-quality experiences (including relevant projects and opportunities for networking) that form the foundation for any individual who is serious about pursuing an environmental career.
EDF seeks a highly-motivated and qualified undergraduate or graduate student to work with our content team on creating visual storytelling materials for use in communications, marketing, and fundraising. The successful candidate will work closely with the Multimedia Manager and Photo Coordinator on setting up EDF’s new digital asset library as well as assisting with video and photography projects.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Manage assets in EDF’s digital asset library
- Create social media video content
- Provide production support for large video projects
- Assist in building a database of freelancers and vendors
- Research footage and imagery for video, photography, and design projects
- Demonstrated interest in environmental, conservation, or documentary video and photography.
- Coursework in video production, multimedia journalism, photography, or equivalent.
- Experience in video production, proven ability to take a project from initial concept to shooting, editing, and finishing.
- Experience in creating graphics and animation a plus.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
New York, NY
8-10 weeks during the summer
Full-time (35 hours/week)
This internship would involve either compensation for hourly work paid at a rate competitive with leading non-profits or academic credit. Students are encouraged to seek academic credit or funding through their college/university and EDF will ensure that any and all paperwork needed to secure academic credit is completed.
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application, together with a video reel, or links to previous video work.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply