With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
EDF offers internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates in a variety of programs and departments throughout the organization. The ultimate goal of our internship and fellowship program is to provide high-quality experiences (including relevant projects and opportunities for networking) that form the foundation for any individual who is serious about pursuing an environmental career.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated and deeply qualified undergraduate student who is interested in working with a quickly growing program composed of staff located across the country. The successful candidate will work closely with both the Program Coordinator and National Field Director on executing tasks to support the Moms Clean Air Force core and field teams—both on the ground and digitally.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting with logistical support for Moms Clean Air Force campaigns including, but not limited to; Community Rx, Ecomadres, Moms and Mayors, the Summer Play-In and additional events held in target states. Additionally, the candidate will provide digital support through website analysis and research. The candidate will work closely with the Field Director to undertake research and help develop activist toolkits and presentations for use in the field.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Research on various issue areas, including clean air, climate change and health, to update existing Moms Clean Air Force materials.
- Research Congressional and municipal districts to develop field programs.
- Assist in developing Power Points and toolkits for use in the field.
- Execute tasks in the logistical planning of the events during the intern's period of work; provide support for the events day-of.
- Assist Program Coordinator with managing and shipping field team materials.
- Monitor influentials' and elected officials' social media accounts to identify opportune areas to communicate.
- Track Moms Clean Air Force field activity and ensure events are well represented through collecting photos and relevant details from field consultants.
- Attend all Moms Clean Air Force meetings and document through note taking.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and health issues.
- Experience in conducting and interpreting research.
- Proficient with technology, database, word processing, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred);
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
12 weeks during the summer
Full-time (35 hours/week)
This internship would involve either compensation for work paid at a rate competitive with leading non-profits or academic credit. Students are encouraged to seek academic credit or funding through their college/university and EDF will ensure that any and all paperwork needed to secure academic credit is completed.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply