With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund (edf.org), a leading international nonprofit organization, creates transformational solutions to the most serious environmental problems. EDF links science, economics, law and innovative private-sector partnerships. Connect with us on EDF Voices, Twitter and Facebook.
Are you interested in exploring a career at an internationally-recognized environmental organization? By joining EDF as an Intern, you too can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life. EDF’s Internship Program welcomes intellectually hungry leaders to join us, advance our work, and cultivate the skills and relationships needed for a successful career working for the environment. Alumni of our Internship Program have gone on to important leadership positions, most notably our own President, Fred Krupp. Could you be the next Fred Krupp?
EDF offers internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates in a variety of programs and departments throughout the organization. The ultimate goal of our internship and fellowship program is to provide high-quality experiences (including relevant projects and opportunities for networking) that form the foundation for any individual who is serious about pursuing an environmental career.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated and deeply qualified undergraduate student who is interested in working with a quickly growing program composed of staff located across the country. The successful candidate will work closely with both the Project Manager and National Field Director on executing tasks to support the Moms Clean Air Force core and field teams—both on the ground and digitally.
Ths chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting with logistical support for Moms Clean Air Force campaigns including, but not limited to; Community Rx, Ecomadres, Moms and Mayors, the Summer Play-In and additional events held in target states. Additionally, the candidate will provide digital support through website analysis and research. The candidate will work closely with the Field Director to undertake research and help develop activist toolkits and presentations for use in the field.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Research on various issue areas, including clean air, climate change and health, to update existing Moms Clean Air Force materials.
- Research Congressional and municipal districts to develop field programs.
- Assist in developing Power Points and toolkits for use in the field.
- Execute tasks in the logistical planning of the events during the intern’s period of work; provide support for the event day-of.
- Assist Program Coordinator with managing and shipping field team materials.
- Monitor influentials’ and elected officials’ social media accounts to identify opportune areas to communicate.
- Assist Program Coordinator in pulling email and membership data.
- Track Moms Clean Air Force field activity and ensure events are well represented through collecting photos and relevant details from field consultants.
- Attend all Moms Clean Air Force meetings and document through note taking.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and health issues.
- Experience in conducting and interpreting research.
- Proficient with technology, database, word processing, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred);
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
10-12 weeks during the Summer.
Full-time, 35 hours per week or part-time, 15-20 hours per week.
This internship would involve either compensation for hourly work paid at a rate competitive with leading non-profits or academic credit. Students are encouraged to seek academic credit or funding through their college/university and EDF will ensure that any and all paperwork needed to secure academic credit is completed.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting your résumé, references, writing sample, and a cover letter.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply