Environmental Defense Fund (edf.org), a leading international nonprofit organization, creates transformational solutions to the most serious environmental problems. EDF links science, economics, law and innovative private-sector partnerships. Connect with us on EDF Voices, Twitter and Facebook.
Are you interested in exploring a career at an internationally-recognized environmental organization? By joining EDF as an Intern, you too can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life. EDF’s Internship Program welcomes intellectually hungry leaders to join us, advance our work, and cultivate the skills and relationships needed for a successful career working for the environment. Alumni of our Internship Program have gone on to important leadership positions, most notably our own President, Fred Krupp. Could you be the next Fred Krupp?
EDF offers internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates in a variety of programs and departments throughout the organization. The ultimate goal of our internship and fellowship program is to provide high-quality experiences (including relevant projects and opportunities for networking) that form the foundation for any individual who is serious about pursuing an environmental career.
Moms Clean Air Force is a community of over one million moms—and dads!—working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate.
Anneka Wisker, Project Manager
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated and deeply qualified undergraduate student who is interested in working with a quickly growing program composed of staff located across the country. The successful candidate will work closely with both the Project Manager and National Field Director on executing tasks to support the Moms Clean Air Force core and field tea-ms—both on the ground and digitally.
Ths chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting with research and logistical support for a series of “Moms and Mayors” events held in target states across the country. Additionally, the candidate will provide digital support through assisting with social media and website work. The candidate will work closely with the Field Director to undertake research and help develop activist toolkits and presentations for use in the field.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Research on various issue areas, including clean air, climate change and health, to update existing Moms Clean Air Force materials.
- Research Congressional and municipal districts to develop field programs.
- Assist in social media content collection, development and posting.
- Assist in preparing materials for meetings on Capitol Hill and other adhoc meetings/events.
- Engage in “Hill Drops” of materials to Congressional offices.
- Assist in developing Power Points and toolkits for use in the field.
- Assist Program Assistant with managing and shipping field team materials.
- Attend and take notes at Moms Clean Air Force meetings and relevant Congressional hearings and meetings.
- Track Moms Clean Air Force field activity and ensure events are well represented through collecting photos and relevant details from field consultants.
- Execute tasks in the logistical planning of the May Mama Summits and provide digital support for the events day of.
- Phone banking to build crowds for Mama Summits.
- Assist field consultants with research.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and health issues.
- Experience in conducting and interpreting research.
- Proficient with technology, database, word processing, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred);
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
10 weeks during the spring semester
Full-time or Part-Time
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.